Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Time flies...

Wow, I am really behind in this blog! I had several great workouts over the last week but no time to record them now (will do tomorrow AM). But I will write about today so I don't get too far behind.

Kurt had the day off so we had planned to get out by 6:30 AM for a 2-3 hr bike ride. But thanks to the major thunderstorm we had in the middle of the night, which woke us both up (and one kid), I slept until 6:00! I normally get up around 5:15 but not today.

It was 8:00 by the time we got out the door. Kurt had a flat to fix, which took longer than usual, and just having coffee, catching up on things, etc, we got a very late start.

It was cool and cloudy, perfect for cycling but I prefer sunny skies. Oh well. We headed north on 14th Avenue to Island Grove, then onto the bike path for a short jaunt to 35th Ave, then west on O street and finally, north on the best-cycling-road-in-Weld-County! I have no idea what this road is called or what number it is but it's great - no traffic and it goes for miles and miles.

We flew along at a fast pace for quite awhile. Then we turned around and took turns drafting off each other so we could really push the pace. Taht's a great way to get some speedwork in on the bike.

When we got back to O street, Kurt headed home and I turned west and rode to Windsor. I was feeling great and needed the miles. I had so much on my mind that I don't even remember the ride to Windsor...I was there before I knew it. I rode past Water Valley and then headed south on a road that I used to run down every day when I lived in Windsor. I felt very strong and had plenty of energy.

I zoomed up the hill and then around the round-about and then back down to 257. I was flying! I love going down that hill!

Then, back up the long, long hill to the overpass over highway 34. I took that for a mile or so and then exited on 83rd Avenue, then back home. All in all, I rode 3.5 hrs and the best part is, i felt as if I could've gone another few hours! I actually felt like I didn't get quite enough exercise! I needed that because my confidence has been slipping lately...

More on the last week tomorrow - too tired to write anymore now!

No comments: