Saturday, July 11, 2009

Draggin' my feet

I've hit a snag in my training plan. No, I'm not injured and no, I haven't had some major family crisis that I can blame for not training the last two days. What's the snag? I think it's called "apathy".

Yep. No interest in training. No interest in doing an Ironman triathlon (that I've paid bu-ku bucks for already), no interest in moving my body even one inch past this here comfy chair.

This is how I have felt for the last few days. I finally mustered enough energy this morning to get my lazy butt out the door and run 10 miles. But it was a slow, painful 10 miles. And tomorrow I'm riding up to Estes Park via the Glenhaven route (which is so steep at the top that you have to put a manual car into first gear when driving this route!).

But the run today wasn't too bad. I felt kinda good but the last 4 miles were torture. I was hot and very tired. My legs hurt terribly. However, I was fine mentally. Usually when I have runs like that, I'm a mental mess but today i just shrugged it off and told myself that "running through the pain" again is probably a good thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I ran without my iPod today and realized just how much music is important to me because the run was, dare I say, boring. I think you run with music...try a new soundtrack or some new songs or something, maybe even a podcast, so you're not just focusing on the pain while you train. It might even get you moving a bit more!

That's all I got :)

Cindy Dallow, PhD, RD said...

I think you are right because I've noticed how bored I am with my music. But I'm writing this 5 days later and can happily say it was just a down day - got back up the next day. Thanks for the advice, though, I really need new music!