Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wow, another two-a-day!

I woke up at 5:00 AM today (don't ask me why) and figured that I had no excuse not to go the pool (esp since Kurt was going). So I got my lazy butt out of bed and down to the pool.

On the way down there, Kurt proceeds to tell me that Marshall has been swimming for an hour three times/week. Oh goodie, just what I want to hear. I happen to be very happy for Marshall and his training because I know it's been a long time since he's had a big goal to train for. Marshall is one of my favorite people in the world so I'm cheering him on every step of the way.

But couldn't my dear husband give me just one little, itsy-bitsy, pat on the back for my efforts as well? Oh, poor me....at least it gave me something to think about during my swim.

I actually enjoyed my swim today and feel that I'm getting better.....and faster. I'm nowhere near where Todd and Jim and Lynne are, in terms of swimming, but compared to where I was two years ago, I think I'm doing pretty good. I swam about 1500 yards this morning and feel pretty good about it.

One thing I learned today is to NOT think about negative stuff while you're swimming. It really messes up your form and makes you want to vomit. I joined a yahoo group for collegiate sports dietitians recently and have been disappointed in the elitist attitude many of them have and how rude some of them have been to me (and I'm probably old enough to be their mother!). It's been bugging me for days and I thought about it while I was swimming. I actually started to get a stomach-ache just thinking about it so I made myself think about positive things....like what it would feel like to beat a 28 yr old in my next triathlon.....

When I got home, I ate breakfast with the kids and got them off to school. Then I went for a run and did about 4 miles, with two of them being a tempo run. Then I got Daisy and ran another 2 miles. Nothin' like running with a happy golden retriever to put a kabash on all the bad stuff in your head! I highly recommend it anyone.

No comments: