Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We're in Arizona!

Not Tempe yet, but close. We're in Holbrook, AZ. Todd, Kevin, and I left my house at 8:00'ish this morning and drove 10 hrs to Holbrook, then on to Tempe tomorrow, which looks to be about 3 hrs.

Having a great time with Todd and Kevin. The drive wasn't that bad - we talked the whole way. Such great guys. It is amazing how many really good guys I know through the running and triathlon community.

We're in Holiday Inn right now watching Avatar.

I've had so many mixed emotions today re the race. I think that's normal for the most part. Kevin seems to be experiencing the same thing (which was nice to know!). We both feel confident about completing the race but still nervous about how it will go. I rode my trainer for 40 mins before we left this morning and it really helped me mentally - probably doesn't do squat in terms of improving my fitness but it helped my "head" a ton. Tomorrow we are going to run 4-5 miles before heading out and that should help too.

Funny thing is, it's freezing here! Todd swears that it's in the 30's outside and it's Arizona, for crying out loud. I didn't bring any tights!  Oh well, neither did they so we'll freeze together.

Too tired to write more...gotta hit the sack.

No comments: