Sunday, May 31, 2009


"I get by with a little help from my friends..." that's the theme of this IM training plan! Had a great run yesterday with some of my favorite people to run with: Jenny, Lynne, Marshall (fellow IM contender), and Dan. Oh yeah, Zoey and Kylee too. We ran about 75 mins on Saturday and I felt really good. This time last year I was running 90 mins handily so I want to bump it back up there again soon.

Had a pretty good training week. Here's a recap:

Monday: Walked the Bolder Boulder 10k with my kiddo's. No, it's not really training but hey, we had fun with the kids.

Tuesday: Ran a 5 mile tempo run in the morning - felt great. Swam with Master's group at 5:15 at Centennial (love that 50-meter pool!). The weather was cold and rainy and I'm pleased as punch that I got my wimpy butt in that pool! And to top it off, I did most of the workout, which included a 600 m warm-up and then EIGHT 150's. My arms were dead! But I did it - woo hoo!

Wednesday - Was supposed to ride but had some unexpected stuff come up at home (our exchange student had a major crisis - too long to write) and I was sore from Tuesday so I bailed. Can't do that too often! I did lift weights, however.

Thursday: 5 mile run AM and 1000 yd swim PM at the Rec Center (due to rain)

Friday: nada

Saturday: see above

Sunday: 2 hr solo bike ride, with hills. I felt like I could have easily rode a few more hours.

I must mention the nightmare I had last night....dreamt that I was in Florida for the Ironman and the night before the event, I realized that I had forgotten to pick up my packet...that I didn't have my race numbers or any of the stuff I was supposed to have. Major panic! I also dreamt that I hadn't eaten and that I was supposed to start the race (although I didn't have my race numbers) and I was frantic....horrible feeling...woke up stressed out. I hate those kinds of dreams!

Hoping to get another good training week in coming up this week...but need to bike on Weds for sure.

No comments: