Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lucky ride

Today I got in a nice 110 min ride but it almost didn't happen. Went to church this morning so couldn't ride until after lunch. The clouds were rolling in and by the time I got rolling, they were looking pretty ominous. I rode as quickly as I could out west, frequently looking back over my shoulder to see how fast they were moving.

They looked pretty serious so I decided to just do a quick loop around 83rd Avenue and back on 10th but when I came back to 59th Ave, they didn't look so bad so I headed back out to 83rd. I really wanted to ride to Windsor and back but originally didn't think I would make it before it started raining.

I ended up heading out on O street and went halfway to Windsor before I noticed that rain clouds were moving in from the west as well. Turned around and rode fast all the way home. It wasn't the ride I wanted but at least I got it in!

No comments: